Companion / Homemaker
The Companion/Homemaker is a member of the home care team who performs various companion care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. The companion/homemaker is responsible the following activities as directed by the Plan of Care:
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Grocery Shopping
- Clothing Shopping
- Running Errands
- Organizing Incoming mail
- Grooming & dressing guidance
- Recreational Activities
- Periodic review with family
- Providing transportation to doctor, beauty salon, etc.
- FT or PT Flexible Hours and Days
Companion / Homemaker Requirements:
- Reliable transportation.
- Excellent business and personal references.
- Genuinely concerned about helping people.
- High moral standards of honesty and integrity.
- Satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program.
- Permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Applicant must be bondable.
Applicant must meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks:
- Criminal Background Investigations
- Motor Vehicle Driving Record
- Business and personal references
Comfort Keepers of Guilford, CT proudly provides services to seniors in the following communities throughout Middlesex County & New Haven County: